Sunday, December 1, 2013

Painted Wheel Cap Crests


Yesterday I had a rare opportunity of doing whatever I wanted to with my day.  I started with cleaning Glenda....which turned into jacking her up to take off the wheels to clean and polish them.....which included cleaning the wheel wells, then the top and underside of the engine.  As I was cleaning the wheels I decided to finally do a little detail work on the center caps I'd pondered for a while.

Several hours and a little testors enamel later I have painted logos :-)

3 comments:

  1. Question...I just started following your blog to restore your "mistress Glenda"...I have a similar dream to do something similar although maybe not to the same extent. I have always loved the old school look of the these targas but read somewhere that they are noisey and suffer from serious wind "buffeting" at higher highway speeds. What has been your experience with this. This is the only concern I have that has me looking at the 996's rather than what I realy want which are the true 911's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old cars noisy, old cars with old seals and targas with bad tops are noisier :-) I love this car and drive it to work every day the weatherman isn't promising rain as well as car shows and joy rides several hundred miles away, that said I wouldn't want to "have to" drive it every day as my only car, if that's your case a 996 might be a much better option IMHO.

    as far as buffetting I call BS, personal experience tells me that 120mph with the top off is no worse than 60, and not a whole lot different than any of my other topless cars.

    Good luck with your toy search :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned, I have always loved the classic targa and am more convinced now as to my direction. Good luck with your continued work on Mistress Glenda. As an aside, I like you writing and your site it is an easy and fun read. Cheers!

      Delete