Friday, July 9, 2010

It's not the destination.....

I discovered shortly before the aforementioned date-night that outside of the nicely flat surface of my garage my toy refused to sit stationary. For this I introduced a highly technical device intended to keep my car where I last left it....a Brick. (This BTW did not add to the lovely Mrs' comfort level about our mode of transporation...note to self, wife assumes cars that need bricks are not functioning properly. Must adjust her expectations).

Also not lending to wifey trusting-ness was a car that wouldn't stay running at a stop light without my o' so skillful heel-toe demonstration (we weren't on a race-track, she was unimpressed).

What's funny about these niggling annoyances is that I was reminded that sometimes a good ole' fashioned book (manual) can be better than the internet. Will wonders ever cease? I searched for a good half an hour on the computer for hints on how to adjust the e-brake and then the idle, but then I smacked myself in the head and pulled out the shop manual. In about 2 minutes I had pictures showing just what I needed to fiddle with.

So, moral of the story is......I'll tell you how to do these things now that I know via the world wide web but it's guaranteed to be much faster just to look it up on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment