Sunday, July 31, 2011

dammit all to hell


I gleefully reported a while back about once again knowing how fast I was going. Apparently that was short lived. Driving to work the other day one second I was doing...umm the legal speed limit....and the next I was doing nothing.

I know why this is, I tried the cheaper, easier fix which apparently was also tried by the previous owner with the same results. I replaced only the cable, and not a whole cable & sheath. I noted when I installed it that the cable seemed a little bit long, I felt like I had to shove the last 5-6" into the sheath. I was afraid this would mean it would cause a problem and after a few hundred miles the new cable snapped :(

That's what I get for trying to do the easy(er) fix. Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is the best blog post and it is simply amazing...I liked the blog post....Good work...Keep it up..:)

    Diesel Power Chips

    ReplyDelete