Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's a wonder these old things keep going down the road

I discovered this a few weeks ago while trying to isolate an annoying little leak. Call it a lack of attention or blissful ignorance that I've tinkered with this thing for a year and a half without noticing it, and it wasn't even moist but after I found it, coupled with my leak being at one end of the line it was time for a shiny new one.

Not nearly as much oil poured out as I thought would and the swap was easy. I did find my thermostat end was a tad "buggered" making me think that's the leak source and still needing to find a final solution. Oddly it came "buggered" as I've [obviously] not touched that line in my ownership but wasn't leaking till I made the mistake of running synthetic oil through about 6 months ago.

New line, including a proper Porsche part that holds the oil lines instead of a big washer and zip ties. One of these days I'll make a post exhibiting all the "creative solutions" found so far, but I'm hesitant to exhibit those as I feel like they speak as much about my lack of pre-inspection as their poor stewardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment