Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oil Lines and Side Skirts

I posted a few weeks ago that I'd swapped out an oil line I found to be woefully sub-par (read: ready to pour hot oil all over my passenger rear wheel at any second). That repair had the added bonus of fixing an oil leak I've had ever since putting synthetic in last year. It was dropping a quart about every 700-800 miles, so not bad, but making things all oogy all over the back of my car, garage and the cars behind me (discovered that gem after my lovely wife followed me home one afternoon and I had to clean it all off the car I'd just cleaned that morning).

This left me deciding to rectify a POGE (Previous Owner Grand Engineering) "fix". My oil lines have so far been affixed to the car by super technical nylon fastening devices (otherwise known as Zip Ties). While this has proven to be functional for [at least] several thousand miles it's ugly, bobo and certainly not as Dr. Porsche ever intended one of his glorious creations to be seen wearing. I ordered the proper winged holders that are supposed to be there and also mounted the side skirts and rubber trim. (one of these days I'll get enough done that painting those still primered pieces become a priority).


Maybe now my fellow Southerners will stop assuming those pretty circles in front of the rear wheels are where the exhaust comes out. (I can't tell you how many time's I've been asked that)

No comments:

Post a Comment