Saturday, September 22, 2012

OK, the good news

I spent the time from my last post up until July washing and driving my favorite toy. I drove it once or twice a week, to work, to business meetings, to dinner, etc. I love this car!

Here are a few updates from memory:

 Previously I lamented my broken speedometer, well too hell with it, technology rules:
I found a small suction cupped cell phone holder, it mounts nicely to the glass of the speedo and I have an app called Ulysses Speedometer on my android that is great.










  There is such a thing as "too low"

 For the record I've been guilty in my past of subscribing to the "there is no such thing as too low" theory, on probably half a dozen cars I've inacted this intentionally. I purchased my car quite low, and I do like the look....however.... I discovered a month or so before having to park it that the inside half of my front tires were smooth as a baby's leetle a$$, while the outsides looked like they had thousands of miles left in them (I've probably put ±3k miles on her since purchase)

If you recall a previous post I taught myself how to align the rear after finding similar wear problems (and bought new tires). So I went in to align the front only to find it was positively maxed out for camber. (hmmm) I did some searching and found out that my car was close to 2" below "Euro Height" (according to measuring tips from Wayne's book) I raised it up 1/2" and now the inside of those tires are no longer squashed to the ground.

I took it for a drive and wow! The tracking is so much better, it's wonderful! The teenager still inside me is upset but I plan on raising up the rear and possibly the front a smidge more. This being my first 911 I didn't realize how much better she could feel (I thought it was fine before) by being closer to the way it was designed. I plan to find a happy (for me) medium meaning I doubt I make it even up to the lower/sport "Euro Height"

Then I ran into trouble......Read on

No comments:

Post a Comment