Sunday, February 24, 2013

so....very....close



Which leads us to today.  Here is a note to avoid haste in such an endeavor as this.  I've made all the electrical connections, attached and checked all of the CIS lines and hoses and sanded/cleaned/repainted the last pieces of engine tin.


































I've gotten my engine down off of the stand.  I have only to attach the oil cooler, cross-over pipe & clutch and she's ready to be installed.

So I go to attach said clutch.  And I don't instantly see the torque value for pressure plate bolts.  I am directed to the 101 projects book for clutch install.  Please note that one of my generous supporters has sent me a .pdf of the 911 SC manual with all of these values.  I don't use that of course I gloss through the wrong spot somewhere else and proceed to try and torque bolts down to 3+ times their end value.  In doing so I strip one out and then break off 2 more.  I've been told that the flywheel is probably fine and these bolts murder themselves well before it will.  I'll find that out later this week.

So that's my don't be a dumbass note for the day, when you are tired and just want a little more done, stop.  Take a break and keep doing it the RIGHT way checking things before $^&#*^$ them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment