Sunday, April 28, 2013

CIS Problems may be solved

So I find myself once again patting my own back (if not me who else will right?)  I spent bits of free time reading up on CIS Troubleshooting threads this week then I hooked up my gauges Friday afternoon.

Current state/symptoms:  1) must re-adjust mixture/air-bypass as weather changes to maintain starting.  Car still starting instantly all the time with no driver interaction 2) Initial start from dead cold (overnight), after warm (5 min) idle at ~2000-2200 rpm, this remains as long as the car is running or restarted quickly (i.e. gas fill up).  If left for ~20min restart idles at ~500-700rpm, highway trip for 10-15 min has it idle at ~2k rpm again.

I established my current control pressures and my "WUR profile", this confirmed something I came across that made me wonder about the electrical connection to my WUR and AAR.


Neither my WUR or AAR had any voltage going to them, the specs for my ['78] engine say that pin #10 should have 12v when the fuel pump is running [my '75 chassis has the fuel pump running at all times when the key is on].  For whatever reason (mis-match of parts I'm guessing) I had nothing going to that pin #10, well I rectified that the next morning and I get the new data below:



As of 1 day, a spirited drive and several restarts later she starts up, quickly gets to 1k idle, stays there, restarts are the same.  Waiting to see how varied temps affect this but I may have checked off another annoying box :).

No comments:

Post a Comment