Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mmmmm Magnaflow

I've had a Flowmaster 2in 2out on my car since I bought it.  It's been a little bit of a love/hate relationship.  I had one of the outflow pipes plugged in an attempt to quiet it just a little as it would drone something awful on the highway.  I liked the mean sound it had but at the same time it's always seemed a little too "American Muscle Car" to me (too many Flowmasters on Mustangs imbedded in my head maybe)

So having had a Magnaflow on a previous car I really wanted to try one on my 911.  I came across a used one the used parts classified for a nice [your author is a cheap-ass] price and decided to try it out.  I'm quite pleased with it after a day of cruising around.  It's a little quieter all around but not by much, its got a very nice tone to it that may just completely be a personal preference thing.

It's hard to capture the true sound of a muffler on video it seems, and I think it sounds a little sweeter in the cockpit (engine sound mat taking some of the mechanical noise out and not facing the tailpipe helps I think).  But here is a video of the newly installed Magnaflow:



And for reference here is the video I made of my car alive again with it's fresh engine rebuild.  It doesn't have any revving in it but you get the idea:

No comments:

Post a Comment