Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Slow progress for the greater good



 As there are daily steam & rain showers going on such that I don't particularly enjoy the walk from my office door to the air conditioned car.....I'm taking my time and trying to methodically address the small mountain of little things that were wrong inside.  I get a little bit done each night thanks to the installation of several more lights and a big ass fan in my garage.

I've irradicated the rust and been applying sound deadening to portions of all the remaining exposed metal.  The installation instructions say only 25-40% coverage is necessary so I've got about 90% of the floor and 98% of the rear deck covered :)  I also put a product called "heatwave" over that back deck sealed all around with alum. duct sealing tape.  Take that mini-me scorching rear compartment.
This picture may not look like much but it represents a whole host of improvements over what I had going on there. I've added enough sound deadening material (there is more on the inside) that I no longer have a giant gong.  Then I found the not attached little rubber isolators for the door pull and lock rods which will hopefully stop all the constant rattle-jangle from the doors on the road.  Finally I cleaned up the window mech. and tracks and greased them.  They are a LOT smoother now.

Vanity makes me want to paint that yellow inside but there's not much point to it as it's completely hidden with the panels and rubber back in place.

On to the other door now (I told you I was being slow)

No comments:

Post a Comment