Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brake Lights I conquer thee!

I hesitated to follow this little tid-bit up, due to the cause being your D-A author not anything truly wrong with the car. But, if this serves to help anyone else out there in the world it's kinda my point in bothering to document this journey.

Always check the simple stuff first. I got to thinking yesterday while working and remembered I'd scavenged a couple of bulbs from one of the extra taillight assemblies that came with my car. I honestly wasn't even sure which lights in the back were "stop" "park" or "signal". So I looked that up and came home armed with a brand new set of proper bulbs and new knowledge of which lights were which.

With new bulbs in now what I knew to be brake lights were on (a first) but wouldn't turn off....hmmm. The MC pressure switch is brand new and was secure. So I take the (badly needing replacement) wooden footboard back off and find that the brake switch is making absolutely no contact with the MC plunger.....DUH!! I had to refit the pedal assembly earlier and didn't give another thought to that switch after hooking the wires back to it. Bend the little tab and test out till it worked flawlessly and BAM. We have lights :)

No comments:

Post a Comment