Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Holy driving heaven Batman!!


This post may have happened a few days ago but we decided we didn't want to make anymore children and I was chained inside for the weekend.....So I got the all new brake system rebuilt and the most wonderful wife ever helped me bleed them the other night. Monday I couldn't take it anymore, the newly polished Fuchs were bolted back on and she came off the jack stands she's been sitting on since that first day in her new home.

We took a tentative first drive around our neighborhood last night after dinner. Britney Spears fashion and all with the toddler on Mom's lap (we didn't get over 20mph and we live in a gated community, I'm not THAT awful of a Father). The young obsessed seemed to be having as much fun as his Dad. The beautiful missus likes it, thrilled that I'm in love with "the mistress" but had the audacity to mention she thought my Karmann Ghia (I had when I met her about a decade ago) was a little more "refined". To be fair I'd spent about 4 years restoring and perfecting that car before she knew me, I've had a month with this ole' girl and I still have work to do (so I'll cut her some slack).

This morning I'd planned to go to the DMV and get a new license plate to go with my new collectible car insurance but turned out my preferred spot, 10 minutes from the house through quiet back country roads, was closed for renovation. I've still got brake lights acting wonky on me so I wasn't about to risk a trip into town. But.....holy wow, the 30 min. or so cruise I had today was FREAKIN' AWESOME! Each mile I drove she got smoother, I had figured/hoped that 4 years of sitting around was causing some bits of rough running and it seems I'm right (so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment