Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Generosity of Others


I've discovered recently that the Porsche community, much to the contrary picture many might generate, can be quite benevolent and generous. There is a perception I've witnessed first hand, in both our modern 2010 Boxster and my classic 35 year old 911 that drivers of this type of automobile are summarily a bunch of snobs (or worse). What's odd is I'm far from this, as is my lovely bride so there must be a lurking contingent of genuinely nice folks that happen to appreciate fine sports cars that may have started life quite expensively.

Glenda now sports several bits and pieces offered up for little more than shipping costs, a couple of these I'd have paid several hundred dollars for. Pelican Parts and Rennlist both have some of the nicest car guys I've come across, people that with something taking up space on a shelf choose to offer it up to a fellow obsessed instead of making an extra buck.

We aren't "broke" but are far from "well off" either and these acts of kindness that continue to increase my own joy in my toy are so very appreciated. So Thank You! :) Hopefully I get to pass on this good will in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment