Sunday, May 19, 2013

3 years later

3 years ago almost to the day I called my Dad and said "hey, you want to drive 1200 miles to Long Island, NY to pick up an old car and drag it back down here"  To which I got a big fat "sure".  That journey, including threading a car trailer back and forth through downtown Manhattan, will remain one of my favorite father/son bonding adventures and will forever be welded to this lovely beast of mine. 

Loaded up on a cool, rainy Saturday morning ready to start the long trek back to the south.


Passing through the Mid-town Tunnel into Manhattan

 Threading through Mid-Town (with a big ass car trailer) was.....interesting

And this is what we delivered home and where I started.

Thanks again Dad, I'll have to find space for more old cars in the far reaches of this great country.

No comments:

Post a Comment