Sunday, May 19, 2013

Nose Job

Here is what I had after assembling most of the pile of parts I brought home some time ago.

And here is where I had gotten to until this last week.  I'd painted the valence with a silver that didn't really match but hated the holes left from some long gone fog-lights and a front license plate holder that I don't need and isn't going to be holding a license plate in my stewardship.  I also still had the primered side skirts and rear valences that inexplicably never got painted when the rest of the car was.


And here I am today.  There is no more primer and the silver is a close if not perfect match.  I'm not completely thrilled with the valence, I filled the holes, smoothed them and then re-applied rubber undercoat to try and match the texture that was on there before and then sprayed it.  It's a lot better but don't look too close :)

Also pictured here is my birthday present, I finally have a front spoiler to balance out the tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment