Friday, July 26, 2013

Maybe my tranny will make the needle rise

Another not so fun task done, not sure why I was procrastinating though as it took me all of 1/2 hour to do.  You may remember I replaced the inner cable (reusing the sheath) a while back and didn't make it a day before the new one snapped inside like the one before it.

So this time I'm trying replacing the whole thing as a unit, call me persistent and optimistic (not to mention my fresh looking speedometer should do something more than idly look pretty).

I tied a bit of cord around the end that attaches to the speedo, undid the connection at the transmission and gently worked it back until I saw string.  Then I reversed bringing the new cable & sheath back up through the tunnel to the frunk.

The PO seemed to have excess crammed into the tunnel right before the exit to the transmission and this is where the first cable snapped, it's not however where the new one I added broke.  So I have no idea at this point and I'm just trying to route it as straight and kink free as possible and hope it works this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment