Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Calm the inner Vampire

I have a long standing preference for uber-dark windows on my cars, I hadn't yet had these tinted because 1) the top is off 90% of the time so it seems a little silly and 2) I couldn't decide if they "belonged" on a classic car.

In the end I said the hell with it, I like them that way, it's my car and it will block at least some of the sun from roasting me.  I ultimately had to leave my car with my long-standing (8-10 cars so far) tint guru for 2 days to get the job done.  I did kid him that I assumed he was pulling a Ferris Beuller-esc parking garage attendant and keeping it to joy ride.  It took the poor guy 4 tries to do the back window but he ultimately got it and it turned out fantastic.

I had the windshield done in 35%, sides in 15% and the back in 5%.  Many won't like it, I think it's bad a$$.

On unrelated notes:
I've finished the back seats, installed my munchkin's rear 3-point belt, added in the fire extinguisher and this weekend cleaned and lubed up the steering U-Joints as a previous tightness in steering was getting worse (hoping that was it, I'll find out shortly).  Otherwise I've actually gotten to drive her several days in between some constant rain we have had here for months.  You may expect my blog posts to become more infrequent now that I can be out enjoying the subject of said blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment