Sunday, August 11, 2013

[insert angels] Aaaaahhhhhhhhh [/shut up angels]

I am officially tired of this project, thankfully it is 97% done and complete enough as of a few hours ago that I shall resume enjoying my road-going plaything and tackle that last 3% as I feel like it (since it's includes items not particularly necessary to show it off to the world).

I finished up the doors over the last 2 days, fiddly pains in the butt is an understatement but boy did it make a difference once there was no more yellow showing.

I gave her a bath after everything just a couple dribbles on the seats which I'll call a victory in a car like this, my top is also still need to be restored but that's going to have to wait for a while until my bank account recovers from the last 2 months of interior work.

I've spent the last 8 weeks, 2-3 nights/wk for 2-3 hours, at least one weekend day and usually a bit of both working on this.  I still have to install my Gate Shifter, finish covering 1 rear seat back and install those with my son's rear seatbelt and wire in the seat heaters.








I even sourced the silly little snaps on a tab that are supposed to hold the trunk carpet in place, it actually looks like it's supposed to in there now :).





And last but not least a little addition to the nose, it's purely for the delight of my 4 year old.  Don't worry, the proper badge is carefully stored for when the passing fancy goes away.


No comments:

Post a Comment