Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sealed up like a virgin at a revival

I shall reiterate for the dozenth time that I'm no expert, and my car is never going to win any concours shows but little victories like this one really make me smile.

My top still probably (woefully) needs to be rebuilt, however I've added new seals to it's sides and tweaked the new seals on the car and it until I now have it sealed up fairly well.  There are still gaps between the top material and windshield header but I believe that's where Mr. Dan comes in at Cars Inc and my top becomes the 2nd item I farm out so it's done by a pro.

Last night I set about adjusting my windows and vent frames so that they met up with the sides and top better and after an hour of fiddling (with one side) I have what you see here.  Where once one could easily see daylight (let alone the water it let in if left out in the rain) in plenty of spots I now have a nice tight seal around 98% of the window.

I've been sent (2) .pdf documents/service bulletins as issued by Porsche regarding sealing and fitment and if anyone is in need of them feel free to drop me a line and I'll share them.  They were quite helpful in finding the adjustment points.

No comments:

Post a Comment